Scenes from the film are reconstructed in miniature and placed under water in fish tanks. Over the course of two weeks the underwater puppets and sets are crystallised in a mono ammonium phosphate solution. The film is photographed using time-lapse, mirrors, prisms and projectors.
Watch the film here.
Selected screenings (2014)
• Film Exercise: Freeze Frames Arnolfini, Bristol (UK)
• Kinomuzeum, Museum of Modern Art, Warsaw (PL)
• The Crystal World, Oriel Davies Gallery, Wales (UK) (Solo show)
• International Film Festival Rotterdam (NL) (Premiere)
• Melbourne International Film Festival (AUS) (Best Experimental Film)
• Curtas Vila Do Conde (PT)
• Paradise Remade, Hastings (UK)